Sunday, March 17, 2024

Hard Jobs

Hello, “There is too much junk in this house”, I moaned to myself. It was easy to pack up a bag of it, but what to do with it now. For the clothing items it was easy. For the random cords that go to what item, it was not so easy. If we move in a bit over a year from now some of those things will have to be faced and eliminated. On the desk there seems to be a growing pile of paper scraps that cannot be filed, but… We delivered newsletters again this afternoon. On the surface that is not hard, but the wind was quite strong. At one house one woman told me that she did not need one because she already had one. Mystified, I commented, “It is new. This is my route. Who else would do it?” She replied she did not need another and marched off. I have talked to her before that conversation was also a bit different. I did not deliver to her door. At an apartment building a rather large guy was sitting on the bottom step. When he did not appear to be moving so I could go past, I asked, “Do you live here?” Told me what apartment and I handed him the flyer before moving to the lower doors. He then called to me, “Do you want to go upstairs? I was not thinking.” He then moved and I went up. He seemed like a nice friendly sort. Paula

No comments: