Monday, May 1, 2023

Still Windy

Hello, Leroy and I walked this afternoon. At one point I felt I could be blown away or at least over. I even held on a bit. We are grateful for the warmer temperatures, but it still feels cold when the wind is that strong. This morning we hung out clothes. The wind, sun, and low humidity dried them very quickly. Several had a pin lose the battle with the wind, but they were all struggling with one clothes pin to stay the course. I thought I had gotten a lot of steps getting the clothes back in the house, but Leroy was over 2000 ahead of me after our walk. He will walk to church tonight for a study so it is not problem for him to get to his goal. I will have to put some more effort into that. Some of the trees are beautiful and in full bloom. Others have passed their prime and the wind is distributing the petals around the neighborhood. It is rather nice. Leroy got his glasses out of line. He went to have them straightened. I had him ask when I had last been in. I was astonished to learn that it was in 2021 which would be after I had the cataracts removed. I now have an appointment for July. I believe at my age I should go every year to make sure all is healthy. Time just slipped away for me. Someday I will make an appointment to have my hearing checked, but put that off all the time. I know I am missing some sounds, but otherwise I believe I hear fairly well. Can that be a false belief? Paula

No comments: