Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Hiking

Hello, We did do a little hiking with Miriam. Leroy, especially was happy to get in the mountains. We did not go very high because they have had so much snow up there. It was melting a lot, but there was still more to come down. They had over 800 inches in the mountains. I have a hard time realizing what that is. Leroy did start to feel tired as we climbed. I did also, but not quite as much. It was hot and that added to fatigue. It is also a slope and we do most of our walking around here on flat land. There are some hills, but we do not live in them. So far, we do not complain about the flat land. There were a number of people on the trail. Some of them were running. That idea scares me a little as I would be afraid of slipping on some rolling pebbles or rock. It also tells me about how much we are out of shape.
Andy went mountain biking two times while were there. I believe that could also put fear in my heart. Am I a chicken? Miriam and a friend walk in the morning. We did not walk with them as they go so fast. They do better than a fifteen-minute mile. I can’t remember the time that they do. Paula

No comments: