Sunday, May 7, 2023

Such a Sunday

Hello, Leroy and I walked to church this morning. Because of the warm weather, I even wore a dress which I have not done in a long time. I like my legs covered in the cold. Several people commented on how nice I looked and what was the occasion. Guess I do not look so good much of the time. The choir sang which is always a treat. I should do more singing when I am alone. After church our book club met. I had asked if anyone would give me some books they no longer wanted. I would put them in the little free library. Five people gave me books numbering from one to ten or more. When I saw them, I exclaimed, “I cannot walk home with these and I think Leroy has already left.” One of the kind members gave me a ride home and even helped me carry them up to the house. What a deal. I have to confess that Leroy and I looked through them and kept some of them in the house for us to read before putting them out. I figure that is ok since there were more than would fit. I am happy to help people get some things out of their houses. Too many of us have things we hang onto long after they are useful or important to us. Paula

No comments: