Friday, May 26, 2023

At Home

Hello, Our downstairs friends had texted us while we were still in Utah to ask, “When should we pick you up at the airport?” I thought I had told them we would ride the bus, but now things and changed. The bus does not run so late at night. I gratefully asked for a ride. In a timely manner we got to our house. I did not unpack a thing, but got ready for bed and slid into rest. What a good thing is our own bed. We have gotten into a routine in no time. Leroy has worked his usual hours and I have puttered around the house trying not look at a shelf that needs to be cleaned off. Many of the items are photos and I do not want to deal with them. I did manage to pull out ten t-shirts that I can live without. I rode the bike on the trail the other day. It was a great experience to see all of the white and purple phlox. These are a tall variety that seems to grow wild. I just like the view as I sail past. I even rode past two deer. One on each side of the trail. The one on my left ran off after it spotted me, putting me on alert to be aware that this one might run across in front of me. Lucky for me it just stayed still and looked seriously at me. I also saw squirrels and ducks. In the cool shade under one bridge were two guys conversing and enjoying the shade. I suspect they are homeless because they didn’t have bikes. Many homeless do have bikes, but I usually do not see them on the trail. I am trying to increase my range on the bike. That day was only a total of seven miles. Soon I want to be able to bike to Ely. I need to toughen my seat as well as my legs. Paula

No comments: