Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Hose, what hose?

Hello, Yesterday when I walked by the garden on my way to a study at church, I saw a garden hose against the building where we can use the water for the community garden. When Leroy came home, I told him, “There is a hose by the dorm. I am going to go this evening and water what we planted yesterday.” We thought one of our group had taken the hose home last fall, but she could not find it in her garage and she does not remember doing that. She did say she would contact the college to learn if they have picked it up. When Leroy spoke to her again we learned she had not gotten around to contacting them. Is this a new miracle hose? There is another member of our group who might have put it there, but we have not talked to her. I am grateful for the hose, but it is not very flexible so it was a bit of a struggle to get it unwound and to put it back against the building. We have to be careful to keep it out of the range of the mowers. While I was watering Leroy, whose guilt would not let him stay home, brought over some buckets of mulch to hold down the cardboard and newspaper that we put between the rows and the plants. That was nice because when I came home from church, I had to run around and pick up 5-10 pieces of cardboard. We have one large rock that the tiller picked up. That rock is quite useful for the odd holding job. I am a bit concerned that we will have to do a lot of watering as we are certainly starting off the season with little rain. The dry soil is concerning. Paula

No comments: