Saturday, May 27, 2023

What to do in Cedar Rapids

Hello, Before I get to what to do here, I have to say that a bloody nose on an airplane is not much fun. We had not been on our last flight home very long when I realized I should blow my nose. Then I saw it was blood and not snot that was coming out. My tissue was filled in short order. Leroy had a napkin he had stuck in his pocket so I used that too. Then it was on to another tissue. Luckily, I had a number of small packets of tissues so I was ok, but Leroy had to help me get them out. I was very happy when it stopped. I suppose it was a combination of being in the dry Utah air and the dry air in the plane. Possibly I had not been drinking enough either. Leroy and I went to the library this afternoon because he had a book on hold. While at the library we visited the rooftop learning garden. There is a lot of native sedum up there that is drought tolerant. They do have a cistern that is used for irrigating. It was nice, but rather hot so we did not loiter.
I got a map of the murals in Cedar Rapids. There are 21 of them in about a mile area. I invited some friends to go with me on a walking tour. I decided I should check out the situation on my phone to make sure that we could do this. It will work, but I wish my phone display were about twice as large as it is. It would be easier to get around. From the place we stopped we could see four of them by just looking around. Leroy commented, “Some of them are quite large.”
We will not do this tour for about two weeks yet. Hopefully it will not be raining. We could use the rain, but I do not know when the tour could happen again as all have different schedules. Paula

No comments: