Sunday, April 30, 2023

Strategic Walk

Hello, On the way to church this morning, Leroy and I discussed all possibilities for sheltering us from the wind that was whipping through the area. Buildings are wonderful protection. It is also good for us that we live in a neighborhood with the houses close together. The temperature was not so terrible but with the wind it was quite noticeable. Leroy grumbled, “My slacks are too thin. My legs are getting cold.” I was a bit better, but I noticed the cold blowing up under my coat. I did not have a top that was close to my body so that wind had free access. We were more than half way there when Leroy said, “My hands are getting cold.” At that point we were ready to cross a one-way street. I noticed a car coming the wrong way on that street so cold took a back seat to safety. I am not sure why, but this has happened before on this particular street. I guess drivers figure no one is coming and they do not have to go around the block to get to their destination. The temperature was higher on the walk home, but there was some misty rain in the air. The wind seemed to blow it right off of us. We were happy to get to the church building and then we were happy to get into the house. Paula

No comments: