Saturday, April 29, 2023

First Bike Ride

Hello, We rode our bikes to the library this afternoon. It was windy and cool, but I managed. It felt a bit scary at first because it has been so long since I have ridden. I forgot which lever makes the gears go up and which makes them go low. I had trouble with that in the first place and it is not sorted out in my mind. I only moved it a couple levels so I am still not sure. It is more difficult for me to get started on this bike because I do not have toe clips which helped me to move the pedal into the position that I like. This bike does move so easily. It that good ball bearings? Leroy, who has ridden much more than I have, struggled more against the wind. I was not using the power of the battery, but just my power. I could easily keep up with him. My ears hurt a little because of the cold, but it was not as bad as I expected. I will encourage myself to get out more frequently. Leroy had over 5,000 steps after our ride. I had almost 3,000 steps. He gets quite a few recorded when he is riding while I do not. I am jealous. After we came home, I went out for a long walk. I have over 7,000 steps. Now Leroy is out walking, trying to get more. Are we competitive? I planted two amaryllis bulbs out by the garage which is where they usually spend the summer. I figure they can tolerate quite a bit of cold. It is too early for much else. I have more house plants to take out, but it will be a couple more weeks before that will happen. Paula

No comments: