Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter and Following

Hello, Easter, when I woke up, Leroy said, “I did not have a very good night last night. I have an ear ache. I took some pain pills in the night so I could sleep.” He dragged around at breakfast. I wondered if he should go to church. He felt well enough to go after some more pain pills. He even seemed to perk up. On the way home from church he commented that he was hurting again, but it seemed to involve his jaw. He wondered, “Maybe it is a tooth. There was one the dentist filled and he told me that I might have to have a root canal someday.” At noon he had trouble eating, helping him to decide to call the dentist rather than the family practitioner. He left a message hoping that they would get to that first thing. This morning he called before the office was open and then after they opened. He was offered an appointment at ten which he gladly took. He learned the tooth that was filled five years ago was abscessed. The dentist said, “You could have called me yesterday.” Leroy replied, “I did not want to call you on Easter Sunday.” “Thank you, but you still could have called and I would have prescribed an antibiotic.” this kind dentist replied. After considering the options, Leroy has decided to have the tooth extracted. Unfortunately, no oral surgeons were available until Thursday. Leroy is living on antibiotics and pain pills. There are times he feels good and times the pain comes back. Apparently, the bone is also deteriorating a bit. If it can be done with a local, they will do it that way, otherwise he will be put out. We are grateful for health care that is so available. Paula

No comments: