Wednesday, September 1, 2021

What Color is that?

Hello,

 

With my new lens I am seeing things in a different light. Or perhaps it is just the absence of the cataract. It amazes me to think that I would have sworn that the mattress pad is a certain color only to find that is now in question. How many times have I corrected Leroy on this take on the color of something? It was quite a few times and I did it with a great sense of rightness.

 

Is that how we go through life, sure of our firm stance in the right corner because of how we see the world? This is a very unsettling thought. The next thought is how can I be more open to the opinion of others? Especially considering that they may see things in a different, but just as right to them, manner?

 

I was so sure that Leroy must be a little color blind in the sense that he could not tell what is what. Course then too color names are a minefield of paint samples.

 

There must be a standard of color shades and names, but who sets that up?

 

Paula

No comments: