Wednesday, September 29, 2021

We Are Still Here

Hello,

 

On Saturday we drove two hours to see Logan play in a soccer game. His team lost, but he played well. He got sick during the night and apparently he was worried that he might have Covid and we might catch it from him. It is not a likely scenario as the game was outside and we never spent any time indoors with him. We barely even touched. During the game we were a good distance from him. As it turns out it was “just a cold”.

 

On Sunday we stopped at the garden on the way home from church. There were many green beans there. We picked enough for lunch and returned in the evening to strip the plants. The beans were tasty.

 

Monday we were doing the pressure canning. Leroy went to the store to get jar lids. He went to two stores before he found any. These were wide mouth of which I had plenty so we will take those back. Jar lids are apparently hard to get. One store person told him that from time to time they get a small order in. The other commented that it has been scarce for over a year. I found enough wide mouth jars to get seven quarts done. If I see jar lids in the store, I will buy some more. I do not like the idea of buying ahead or hording, but this is my plan.

 

I went and got my Covid booster today. It was quick and easy. There is certainly not a big line of people. In fact I was the only one there.

 

I will get my flu shot in about two weeks. We are still wearing masks at indoor public places. That should help hold the flu in check a bit as well.

 

Paula

No comments: