Friday, September 10, 2021

Two Good Eyes

Hello,

 

My surgery on the second cataract went well even though the schedule was quite delayed. It was a bit of a mental exercise to wait about 45 minutes to an hour, but possible. I certainly liked it better the first time when all went forward smoothly and ended quickly. This time I was getting hungry. I had not eaten anything since 6:00pm. It was a bit after 1:00 pm the next day when we got home and I could eat. Luckily we had some things to just gather and eat.

 

I am now working on getting my blood pressure under control. I believe a contributing factor is anxiety so I am addressing that issue. Are we an anxious household? Leroy is already there, but mostly that is created by the medicine he takes.

 

I can see wonderfully well in the distance. Colors are bright and clear in a way they have not been for years. Everything looks so large. Was I seeing smaller than real because of my near sightedness? Plates and silverware are much larger as is the TV.

 

Now if I can just figure out the readers I will be in good shape. More and more I think I will get some blended lens bifocals. Right now I keep trying to put on glasses when I get up in the morning. It almost does not seem right that I can see without glasses.

 

Leroy is delivering the neighborhood newsletter. Usually that is my job. He helps some, but I do most of it. I will help some on another day when I am a bit more ready to do a longer walk.

 

Paula

No comments: