Sunday, September 19, 2021

Community Garden

Hello,

 

Sometimes it is hard to realize that a blessing can also be a burden. Right now the garden feels like a burden. There are not so many people using the produce, perhaps because we have moved two times in recent years. There is no sign at the garden at the moment so it is not always know just what space it is.

 

I walked home past the garden and sampled a green bean as well as some small tomatoes. Those beans were delicious. I posted that there are plenty there. Tomorrow morning I will go there to see what is still there. If need be, I will pick enough to can. As I might have mentioned before I do not really like to work to pick the beans and give them away although I will do that from time to time. Leroy is off tomorrow so we could get this done in the morning and then I can still go to work in the afternoon/evening. On a day like this retirement looks much more appealing.

 

There is also broccoli to pick. It is probably enough for two nice sized meals. I did not look over the pepper plants, but brought one home that was on the end plant. Something had bitten this pepper, but apparently did not like it because there were just the teeth holes with no missing pieces. What would do that?

 

I am always pushing or trying to convince people to take red Russian kale, but it is a slow mover. We eat quite a bit of that.

 

Wasting food is not good in my opinion, but what to do with some of it? I give away what I can.

 

Paula

No comments: