Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Long Two Weeks

Hello,

 

I am grateful that one week is gone before my next surgery. I expect that one will help me see clearly. I will still need reading glasses, but that seems possible.

 

I saw my eye doctor and he was quite encouraging. My acuity is good as is the healing with only a little swelling left. There was a third thing, but I cannot remember what it was. I now see 20/20 with my new lens, but the problem is the untreated eye. He did say I could have the lens taken out of my current pair of glasses and that might help.

 

The lens is gone and my brain is trying valiantly to figure it out. I am still not going to drive because it is almost like seeing double from time to time. I will also walk very carefully as the other person commented that the depth perception is a bit off. I hang on the railing when going up or down stairs. Leroy went to work after he took me to that appointment. I managed to feed myself, mostly leftovers, and even put in the eye drops by myself.

 

I can be independent. I am not going to work today as I think it would be too much struggle to move between paper and the computer screen. Maybe Leroy can take me on Thursday. I am also scheduled to work on Saturday. Again I believe I would need that ride. I looked at a magazine and I could read it. I also took a book out of the little free library and could read it, but that all requires more work than I want to put into it for a very long time.

 

When Leroy had his double vision, he was tired a lot. Someone of the medical people said that the vision center in the brain requires a lot of energy so it was understandable that he was tired.

 

Paula

No comments: