Friday, August 6, 2021

Haircut

Leroy announced with the last haircut he gave me, “You can go back to someone else cutting your hair, I am done.”

 

His first cuts for me were the very best. Perhaps he lost the sense of the length after a while. It was going to be quite different getting a haircut outside of the house for the first time in a year and a half.

 

I would wear a mask into the facility and I would have to wear clothes. Leroy does naked haircutting because we do not have a drape to put over me. I suppose I could use a towel, but have not. Immediately upon completion, Leroy snags or brushes off as much stray hair as he can and I hope in the shower to wash off the rest.

 

At the haircutting place, where I can just drop in, I was pleased to see there were only three people there, two stylists and one customer who was already in the chair. I got signed in and before I settled in the chair and took off my mask, I asked. “Have you been fully vaccinated?”

 

With the response, “Yes,” I eased into the chair and took off my mask. I had planned to leave if the answer had been no. One good thing about just a haircut is that it does not take much longer than fifteen minutes. She was able to take off a lot of hair, more than I really planned, but that is fine. One problem is that hair on one side by my ears is longer than the other. I figure that will change in a week or two as each side curls differently.

 

Paula

No comments: