Saturday, August 21, 2021

My Feelings

Hello,

 

After visiting with the Dr. who will perform (Are they on stage?) the cataract surgery, I met the next day with my family Dr. To my shock my blood pressure was extremely high. I often have a high reading at the Dr. and they just comment that it is “white coat” syndrome. Well this was much too high for me to have the surgery. She suggested I come back the next day when she would have me get an EKG and some blood work. It was also a time to learn if the number had gone down. I was told to bring in my home blood pressure recorder and they would compare that with theirs.

 

I called a friend and told her I needed some talking time. It was good for my soul even though I still had a lot of feelings.

 

The next morning at the dr. office my blood pressure was still about the same even though it had been much lower at home, although not pristine. They then tried my cuff and it was about 20 points lower. I asked if they would once again do the office cuff to see if that too were lower. There was about a difference of 10 points with the top numbers.

 

I am now taking a med which has perhaps helped as I have a much lower pressure reading at home than it usually is.

 

Paula

No comments: