Monday, August 16, 2021

A Festival

Hello,

 

Last weekend we went to that festival for Leroy’s work. It was at a church which has a Czech background. The inside of the church certainly looked familiar as it brought memories of European churches. We spent little time in the church because it was generally crowded and 99 percent of the people did not wear a mask. It seems so unsafe to me.

 

Outdoors the wind was blowing briskly and people were more spread out. I had been concerned that people might ask me questions that I would not know the answer to, but it was just fine. I knew most of the answers and my cohorts were there most of the time to help if it was needed.

 

They had had some rain in the area and were quite pleased with that as they too have been dry. This lowered the temperature from the predicted 88 degrees. Leroy and I were not prepared for such, as we were wearing shorts and short sleeves. I had brought my long sleeved sun protection shirt. It helped some, but we ended up sharing it so there were many too cool minutes in there. Some other attendees even had jackets with them.

 

Our purpose in being there was to encourage people to visit/support the museum. There were a number of people who had visited. Many people did not know it existed. Many people signed up to get information about in return for the granting of two free passes.

 

Leroy had brought some duplicate coffee table style books which had been donated to the museum. Aat the end he managed to give all of them away. The church also had a history book that he had been considering buying for the museum. He was pleased that they offered him a free copy as well as two other books that a local person had written.

 

Paula

No comments: