Sunday, August 29, 2021

Organ Concert

Hello,

 

I walked to church more slowly than usual because of my vision. I did not want to trip over anything. Consequently, Leroy said, “We have to start our walk sooner for the organ dedicatory concert.”

 

I agreed and we headed off in what I thought would be excessive time. As we got closer I asked for the time. We were 20 minutes early. Oh we will just have to sit and wait for it all to begin.

 

The parking lot was amazingly full. “Did all these people have some type of job, I wondered?”

 

Wow, there were so many people inside I wondered if it was safe to be there, but felt at least somewhat reassured since everyone was wearing a mask. I quickly changed my walking shoes for sandals and put on my dressier shirt, discarding my sun protection shirt. It was a bit of a trick to find a seat, but we did. As time went on the call went up for people to indicate if there were an empty seat next to them. It all started about ten minutes late in the scramble to find seats for all. Some of them had to remain in the narthex.

 

It was quite a big crowd and we were treated to a great concert. It was fun to listen to the variety of music styles and the ability of the organist. Because of copyright this will not be shown later. I did see that over 280 people watched on line. It will be aired on IPR, but have no idea when that will be.

 

Even though my vision is not as acute as it could be, I could see the screen which showed the hands and feet of the organists. How nice to have that technology in place.

 

Paula

No comments: