Friday, May 28, 2021

What Month is it?

Hello,

 

I knew that June was coming soon and I wanted to get more steps today. Church seemed like a good destination because the devotion booklet we use was getting close to the end. At church I could not find the booklet so I went in the office to inquire. The guy there, who does not usually work at the desk, had to do some searching before he found one. He commented that it was for July, August, and September. Oops! I am month early. I said, “If the secretary had been here she would not let me have this as it is too early!”

 

“Well, this is just between the two of us,” he said with a laugh.

 

Course here I am telling you, but I figure you will not tell all. I had not paid attention to when the current booklet ends.

 

It is so cold here that we brought in many plants last night and will again tonight when it is to be even colder. There are frost warnings for some parts of the area. I hope the city warmth keeps us from the possibility. I do not want to think about what will happen in the community garden where covering is out of the question. Especially tomatoes and peppers are vulnerable. The cabbage family items should be just fine even though it is to be so close to freezing.

 

Leroy unexpectedly went to work this afternoon because his boss had been out of town and was unable to get back in a timely manner because of car trouble. That gave me some time to finish watching a movie that he did not want to see. If one of us wants to watch something on the TV that the other does not want to see, it is a bit complicated to work with the feeling of forcing someone else out of the comfortable seats for reading in that room. Actually we have a comfortable seat elsewhere, but the reading light is not so good.

 

Paula

No comments: