Wednesday, May 12, 2021

At the museum

Hello,

 

Leroy and I both had a day off today. With warmer weather expected for the near future it was a good time to bring home the coleus plants that Leroy has been tending. He has done a great job. They have thrived under his care and the great sunny window in the museum library. The two smaller plants were given to him by a co-worker. He had shared slips from the coleus with her so she repaid. The poinsettias were some that had been in the library at Christmas and managed to stay good looking. Leroy thought it would be great if I helped him bring the plants home. He managed to find enough boxes that I did nothing but give moral support.

 



However while there, I visited the bias exhibit that is on loan from the Smithsonian. A lot of information is put in a small space. I could have come to look at it two or three times, because I got tired with all of the points made by reading and listening. It was certainly well done. I would recommend it to anyone. The sad thing is that it is leaving after this weekend. Certainly if it comes close to you, try to take it in.

 

I just hope I can become more familiar with my own bias and change it to be more open to all people.

 

Paula

No comments: