Friday, May 7, 2021

Little Free Library

Hello,

 

Our little free library is now open for business. The labor and design ideas were contributed by the architecture club of Iowa State. They apparently are encouraged to “give back to the community.” Now we hope it is used beyond great expectations. Just today three kids stopped by to look. They would like graphic novels. We only had one and I believe it was a little bit young for them. I will certainly have my eyes open looking for possibilities. We also need a number of adult books.

 

An action team gift from my nonprofit insurance company will help. In the past I have delivered books farther away from home. For that I have gotten multicultural books. It was interesting to me that these kids who stopped seemed to represent three different races. I live in a great neighborhood. I am so happy to see them being together.

 

Our downstairs friends are also in on all of this. So it will be good to share the load, although it is easy to buy used books from the library from time to time. It is also good that we live three houses away from the Dairy Queen so there is a quite a lot of foot traffic past the house. Ice cream and books, what could be better?

 

I took a picture of the kids after I asked for their permission, but I do not feel I should share that so you will just have to picture these boys in your mind with different sizes and colors.

 

I am including a picture of the library and those are plants on top. How cute is that?

 


Paula

No comments: