Sunday, May 23, 2021

Flowers again and Goslings

Hello,

 

We rode bikes again this afternoon. This time we were with a friend who says she rides her bike almost every day. She had not seen the flowers in the area where we were today. It is just a wonderful sweep of color up hills and close to the stream. At the return we rode around the lake.

 

Geese were out. One adult was definitely in the protective mode as it came at me with open mouth and red tongue stretched. I slowed, moved to the side and it was calmed, although when the other two people came it had to strike an aggressive posture once more. We sat and rested in a shelter that was close. My bottom noticed the eight mile ride yesterday and needed a break. It is not tough at all. More riding will help that.

 

As we watched, an older man walking alone, found the two adult geese and several babies of at least three ages spread across the trail. He started clapping his hands to get them to move. It took quite a while before they moved on and he felt comfortable going past.

 

When we got to the other side of the lake I moved from the street to the sidewalk only to find more geese families there. I noticed some on the left, but failed to see two youngsters on the right until they crossed in front of me. I was able to avoid hitting either of them, but my companions commented on my goose hitting skills.

 

Paula

No comments: