Saturday, September 26, 2020

Stars, Strength, and Stuff

Hello,

 

A lack of street lights makes the stars more visible to our city eyes. One blessing that is from power loss. The shorter days mean I am out when the stars are showing their beauty.

 

Leroy is working to get back some strength. He walked a mile to get a lab test. He walked by himself. I was just happy to learn that he made it there and back the mile home. However he was unhappy because he had a bit of cramping in his legs the rest of the day. He did use his walking sticks giving him a great sense of balance as balance also a problem at times. The doctor called and told him he could reduce the prednisone dosage another ten. Hurrah! Leroy told him about the cramping. The Doctor wondered if it was from the drug, but will see him in a week and do further testing if the problem has persisted.

 

This morning Leroy tried to do a push up and could not manage one. In the not so distant past, he could do at least five or six without much struggle.

 

 

Stuff in my life is increasing. I used to go to a store which sold things, especially things for my granola recipe, in bulk. I always took my own containers and felt so fine about keeping plastic out of the landfill. After the pandemic started I can no longer take my own containers. I feel sad getting all the plastic bags. I still take my own bags so I can carry it out. I do not put it on their counter so it stay clean. I pack it myself without touching other things. So at least I am not bringing home numbers of bags that once again end up in the landfill. At some of the other grocery stores, after paying, I take the things to my car in the cart, and load my own bags there.

 

Paula

No comments: