Monday, September 7, 2020

Observations

recording for August 18 # 12

 

Hello,

 

Sometime in all this Leroy drama, I saw that the brake light was staying lit in the car as was the ABS light. Nothing I wanted to see. I have always let or made Leroy take care of car things. He was obviously in no condition to deal with this. At least in the day on the 18th he was quite rational. He really thought there was no reason for him to be in the hospital. He could tell me the name and phone number of the place he takes the car. I called hoping they could see me soon. They said they could look at it if I could come soon. Sarah and I went, they did the computer check and then he crawled under the car. He had taken a picture and wanted to show me the broken wire under the back passenger side. I was impressed with him. He treated me with respect. “You must have driven over a branch that tore the wire. I can order a part and fix it tomorrow morning, but you can drive the car like this for a while.”

 

I had driven over many branches since the storm came to town. At times, I did wonder what damage was being done. At least my car was not totaled as so many were because a tree fell on them.

 

I decided to try to call the dentist. Maybe you remember that I had a temporary crown come off the day after the storm. The dentist was open. When they heard about my loose temporary crown, she juggled others appointments around so I could come in about half an hour for then. I had had an appointment for the day after the storm, but not power means no dental works can be done.

 

Paula

No comments: