Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Flowers In the Fall

Hello,

 

I cleaned up three more house plants and brought them inside. It feels good to get that done with only two outside. We also bought some potting soil today so I can bring in impatient slips as well as the begonia that is enjoying its time outside. I also like to take slips from the coleus. I took care of a plant that Leroy had had on his desk at work. It needed a larger pot so it does not fit on his desk. He has placed it out in the library by a window. He commented that they would welcome some more plants. Most of the plants I have are at bit small for a large room, but he is going to take another grouping that is in a basket and put it on a stand. That means we will have more room here and it might brighten up the library.

 

The impatiens look so good now. It has taken much time for them to grow. I suppose I should have watered them more. I am happy to see them when I go out in the yard. Always good to find beauty.



 

The begonia also looks quite good. I learned it is a gryphon begonia. It is nice to know the name after two or three years of keeping it alive. I did read too that it is a low maintenance plant. So that might explain its survival of my neglect.

 


Leroy and I took a nice long bike ride today. He told me he enjoyed the ride, but is so wiped out now that he wonders if he should just take off a lot of time and sleep for hours. The trouble is that he often cannot even nap for very long any more. We are hoping it will be better when the meds are reduced.

 

Paula

No comments: