Sunday, September 6, 2020

How Things Are Today

Hello,

 

I want to address some of your concerns about how things are now. They are much better. Leroy has been diagnosed with Giant Cell Arteritis. The steroid dose has been lowered twice and with that he feels better. He still gets a bit anxious from time to time and does not handle stress or frustration well. His short term memory is not so good, but it seems to be coming back. He can only take a short walk before he has to go home. Because of balance he is only riding the tricycle and with me. There is a single person tricycle available, but he is concerned that he might get too tired to get back home and it would be quite the struggle for me to do that from my own bike. So we ride the two seat bike. It has worked well. He can coast if he needs to rest.

 

On a side note, we had that derecho on August 10 four weeks ago. This morning on the weather, it was predicted that we could have some strong winds today of 40 mph or above. I could feel a little panic run through me, wondering what I should do. This is not winds over 100 mph, but we have many dead branches up in trees. What if they were blown out? There are still many things on the ground that could be blown around. It just does not feel safe. I suppose this is a very minor PTSD reaction. It was raining in the night and I also felt nervous then, even though it not such a strong wind with it.

 

Leroy is good more of the time even if not as peppy as he once was. Sometimes he is so chatty. I wonder is that the medicine effect?

 

Paula

No comments: