Wednesday, September 30, 2020

New things in Life

Hello,

 

There are so many new things we have done this year. Like many of you we have worn masks many days when in public places. I don’t even think about it so much anymore. I might even touch my face much less than I used to touch it. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes seem to be in my hand more than ever before in my life. Those two items have added much plastic to the environment. I am conscious of plastic because I just looked at a Kids National Geographic magazine. It is scary to know that there is a Texas size glob of plastic in the Pacific Ocean. It is killing many creatures. How long can the world survive with such destruction?

 

 

We have had walking sticks for some time, but seldom used them. Leroy frequently uses them now. We have also had the futon in the living room for a number of years, but it has now become an alternate bed for Leroy when he gets twitchy and edgy at night. He does not want to disturb me so much.

 

We “go” to church online. Not the same as being with others, but we are grateful for this opportunity. Live chats with video happen in several areas of our lives, both work and family.

 

Leroy is now using a pill box. One of those that has a week of slots to put the day’s pills in.

 

We had some ice packs in the freezer that just sat there until the times when Leroy spent almost the entire day with one on his head.  It is with gratitude that we had such a thing around.

 

Hand washing is more frequent and much longer than the flip, flip, and done method employed in the past.

 

Life changes and so do we.

 

Paula

No comments: