Sunday, June 7, 2020

Today’s Outing

Hello,



In spite of heat in the 80’s, Leroy and I went for a walk in a county park. Most of the time, we were in the shade with a nice breeze blowing. This park has a visitor center which was not yet open. There is an outdoor woodland play area that was open with a few children and parents in there. We saw two people who had ridden their bikes to the park using one of the picnic tables. It is so fine to see people outdoors enjoying nature.



There are mounds made by Native Americans. Besides going uphill I could not say what they looked like. As we puffed a little getting to the top Leroy commented, “It must have been a job to bring the dirt up here to make this structure.”



At some point on the walk I asked Leroy what something was and he could not tell me. “I am sure you know this,” I said.



“Yes it is in there somewhere, but the retrieval is slow these days,” he said and then added, “I need more RAM as well as a new CPU.”



At least he still can find his sense of humor.



We had brought water, but left it in the car because we did not want to carry it. What a wonderfully refreshing swallow when one is hot and dry. Leroy had on zip off pants so he could take off the lower portion. I just wore shorts although I did feel a little uncomfortable when I noticed some poison ivy and thought about ticks. I was really hoping to see a turtle, snake or frog, but none showed their face.



Paula

No comments: