Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Emergency Meeting of Top Level Staff


Hello,

I got a call from a downstairs friend saying, “There is a white butterfly under the netting over your garden.”

“I will be right there to get that out!” I exclaimed.

I had not quite made it down the stairs when the phone rang again. Quickly I changed direction and got to the phone in record time. Picked it up to learn there was more to this drama. “It just flew out.” was the report.

“I will be down anyway; I want to see if I need to shore up any holes.” I said.

We held a high level conference in the front yard with no viable solution presenting itself. Worrisomely, the large white butterfly seemed to fly right through the netting as they watched. We had been so happy because the cabbage and broccoli look beautiful without those cabbage butterflies laying their eggs in there. The eggs are not the problem it is the pupa that chomps on the cabbage family leaves causing much damage. For now things will stay as they are because this does seem to deter those butterflies even if it does not stop them entirely. Leroy and I had been gloating about the wonderful result of having the net up to keep out the squirrels and rabbits. Seems there are hungry eaters every way we turn.

Paula

No comments: