Thursday, June 18, 2020

Leroy is OK


Hello,

Leroy has been battling a headache for over two months now. It is not so bad that it puts him out of commission; however it had gotten to the point that he does not go a day without pain pills to help him manage. He thought it was a sinus infection so he has been taking several different types of help for that to no avail.

 He went to the doctor last week. He found no infection. He had blood work done with all good results. On the doctor’s recommendation he went to the eye doctor who also found nothing amiss. In fact his eyes are quite fine and almost tracking together.

Tuesday he had a CT scan. Today he learned that his brain and cranium looked quite fine. So he has a mystery ailment. For now he is going to try some medicine for a migraine. He will go back to the doctor in a month. It is the type of thing where we are glad he does not have a brain tumor or some other terrible thing, but a cause might have led to relief more quickly.

I also told Leroy that I have a yoga routine that is supposed to help with headaches. Migraines were mentioned with one of the breathing exercises. I was astonished when Leroy agreed to try that for a while. Course it is not an instant help, but over time it might make a difference. Generally Leroy does not like to do things if I am leading them. Perhaps he thinks I am too bossy. We will see how this goes. My feeling about it all is that it cannot hurt and he might feel better in some way. I know that I have found it to be beneficial for years. I started doing yoga when I was about 35 years old. Wow that is more than half a life time ago. I am grateful for that.

Paula

No comments: