Friday, June 12, 2020

Service Berries


Hello,

Yesterday I picked some service berries. They are a native plant to at least the Midwest. They are about pea sized and quite nutritious. Leroy and I had some on our cereal this morning as well as finishing them on our yogurt granola snack mid morning. This afternoon we went back to Ely and picked more berries. After cleaning and de-stemming, I made rhubarb service berry crisp with almost no sugar. Leroy and I both thought it was fine. The berries have a very mild taste so they counteracted the tart rhubarb.

If the birds have not found them we will probably go back and pick some more on Sunday. It was nice to have Leroy with me just as support and he is a bit taller so he could reach higher branches.

He had gone to the eye doctor this morning. It turned out to have started half an hour late. Then it lasted almost two hours. I drove for him just in case they wanted to dilate his eyes for a better look into his head. He did have a number of tests which explains the time. The doctor declared his eyes to be quite fine. He sees almost 20/20 and his eyes were tracking well together. He is still using the prism glasses, but he might not need them soon.

I was not in the place, but did a lot of walking in the shade. It was nice to get some steps since I had forgotten to wear my tracker for our morning walk. I have over 8,000 steps recorded. But it should surely be over 10,000, but only my body knows the truth and it is not talking.

Paula

No comments: