Friday, June 19, 2020

Mask Wearing Or Not?


Hello,

At the grocery store this morning, I was surprised that so many people were there since it was pouring down rain. Then it was another surprise to meet many people going against the arrows on the floor and shelves. The third surprise was that only about half of the people had on a mask. The fourth surprise was that some have only a vague notion of social distancing.

For me, I wear the mask because I believe the scientists who tell us that it stops or slows the spread of this disease. Do others not believe scientists or just not care about me and any others? Or do they think no one is carrying this virus? It bothers me that so many seem to feel little regard for the whole community.

One person who was not wearing a mask, coming against the traffic, stepped up close to me as I was at the produce counter, and reached in to get what she wanted. I felt upset, but said nothing and stepped away momentarily so she could help herself and move on.

One person who was going the correct direction and maintaining some social distance only wore her mask over her mouth.

I suppose I could order curb side pickup, but I still like to go in the store and see the items, especially produce. There are those who feel I should do that if I do not like it that they do not wear a mask. Just whose freedom is being taken away?

Paula

No comments: