Friday, June 28, 2019

Yard Sale

Hello,



Leroy and I are as ready for the yard/garage sale as we can be. It will be in the front yard because that side of the house gets more traffic both by foot and car. We have a rather paltry amount of stuff, but we are hoping to make at least six sales. How is that for a low goal?



I did look in the kitchen cupboards and added a few more things. I also added some more clothes, but we still do not have many clothes. Most of the things will not come back into our possession but will be passed on as best we can figure out how to do that. We are also open to the idea of bargaining to encourage a purchase.



The yard sale signs and the price stickers were not to be found when I looked in the places I remembered placing them last week. I even went out and wailed to Leroy, “I can’t find those things I purchased just for this sale.”



He almost laughed, but then offered a word of sympathy. At last I looked in the spot where most of the garage sale items were stored and there they were waiting in this logical place.



If one can believe the weather prediction it is not to rain tomorrow. We have two beautiful shade trees to be under so it seems all will be good. There are more things we will get rid of when we know where we are moving in a couple years. Now some things are kept with the thought that it might be needed. “It might be needed” is very seductive when one is trying to eliminate items.



Paula

No comments: