Wednesday, June 5, 2019

48 Years Together


June 5, 2019



Hello,



How did so many years go by without us realizing that it was such a long time? It takes some contemplation to figure out the speed of time; sometimes fast, sometimes slow and sometimes just medium. Perhaps time indeed flexible as the Laotian told us. He was giving some advice on how best to interact with the Laotian refugees that we sponsored back in the early 1980s.



Leroy and I certainly have a history together. Amazing to think that history is longer shared than when we were single. Now if we could just figure out next steps we would be making progress, toward what I am not sure, but it would be good together.



When I think back over the time we have had, much of it could not be foreseen for any length of time before it happened. We seem to do well with quick decisions. This does not fit the picture of two staid people plodding along steadily. Instead we have been more like butterflies flitting about trying this and that, but not the usual thing.



I have to confess that I had earlier, about a week ago, thought about today being our anniversary, but today I did not realize it until Leroy texted me, from work, to wish me Happy Anniversary. Perhaps a calendar reminded him of the day. We are not so good at this celebration stuff. I am going to make a pizza since he commented about two days ago that he would like one. I had to buy tofu so now I am set for the feast. I’ll bet you did not know that tofu was necessary for pizza.



Paula

No comments: