Saturday, June 8, 2019

Bike Ride

Hello,



Today, I took my first bike ride this spring/summer. I am ashamed that it took so long to get this done, but glad that it is done. We rode about ten miles this morning. The great thing is that I feel quite good. Some body parts still work.



Leroy did have to wait for me from time to time, but that is not bad. He no longer has a bike computer so he does not know how much he has ridden this spring. Rather he has the computer, but the holder and sensors are on the stolen bike. He had hoped to find a good replacement sale, but has not seen one yet.



He is going to get another set of handlebars on his current bike. This will allow him to sit more upright. His hands fall asleep because he puts too much pressure on them when riding. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Unfortunately his bike is in the shop until Wednesday because they had to order the part. He will also get a kick stand. Not having one means the bike has fallen over a few times, once his review mirror broke. He has also gotten grease from the chain on his pants so that requires some extra care to remove. Soon this bike will be just the way he wants it to be.



The only thing that is sad is that my Fitbit does not record bike riding so it looks as if I have hardly moved today. Oh, well we are going to a 40th anniversary party this afternoon. Perhaps in the evening I can get in some more steps.



Paula

No comments: