Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Day Off

Hello,



Right after breakfast, I was on the path to pick more mulberries. No one seems to want them besides me and the birds. There about four trees that I frequent. Some have larger berries than other trees. The last tree has small berries, but probably the most. It is a bit strange because they do not come off the tree so easily, requiring a pull which sometimes means smashed. The last tree is also an issue because it is seems to have a flock of bugs that like to hang out in the area. It is a bit lower in the ditch and perhaps that appeals to them. The breezes more easily touch the others which are on higher ground. It would have been nice if Miriam’s family could be here to help pick. The buckets would have been much fuller. As it was the bugs won the day and I quit a bit early.



After finishing my devotions I headed off to a local church where summer meals are served. I was working the dining room today. People of all ages attend, but there are a number of children as well. My church helps with this for three weeks in the summer. I am able to come for two of the Wednesdays. The meals are a help to people. Some helping people from the church are there all week. Makes me feel a bit like a wimp because I could help on Friday, but that is my shopping day.



Leroy and I will participate in the neighborhood garage sales on Saturday. We do not have so much to sell, but I hope some of it moves into someone else’s house. Between the two of us we have made a list so we do not forget to put something out. The sale is actually for three days, but we both work Thursday. Leroy works on Friday and I cannot handle it by myself. I would surely need to use the bathroom and could not leave things by themselves. So Saturday it is!



Paula

No comments: