Monday, April 29, 2019

Walking

Hello,



It is harder to get my steps in when it is rainy. This morning I noticed that the rain stopped so I went out thinking I would just walk around the block. When I reached the end of the block there was no rain from that cloudy sky so I just turned the corner and kept going. The next thing I knew I was several blocks away in the park following the bike trail. By the time I got done I had added at least 4,000 more steps. I like being out among the trees. It is nice to see how much the leaves had grown. Soon I will not be able to see through the bushes that I pass.



Because I work today, I will have some difficulty adding the rest of my 3,500 steps. But if I tell myself to get up and move from time to time I might manage.



Leroy was disappointed that the rain kept him from taking the bike to work. This year it is much harder for him to get his bike rides in between rain, cold and needing to drive to see someone farther away or in an area where it is more difficult to ride his bike.



He does some walking especially to church. That he can do in most any weather. He is also able to walk from the church to the two hospitals giving him some more walking time.



Maybe when we are visiting Miriam we can both get a bit more walking accomplished. They have a young dog that will also be welcome on our walks. Her girls might come with us, but they do have school most of the week we are visiting.



Paula

No comments: