Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Leroy Saw the Pictures

Hello,



Sunday, Leroy finally saw the pictures. We had been gone since Friday morning so he can be excused for some of the time. We returned Sunday. He was pleased with how it looks now that it is the focus of his attention.



My plan was to tell him on Wednesday which would have made it a week without noticing them. He does often eat with his focus on his food and his head is lowered over it. We do talk some during the meal. Or perhaps I should say, “I talk some during the meal.”



Leroy has planted some lettuce and a few radishes. However last night he told me that something has been digging in the bed. We both blame our friendly neighborhood squirrel or squirrels. They certainly feel at home anywhere around the territory. It could be that they buried some walnuts in that very spot or they have a vague memory of last fall’s activities. Now they just search in many places hoping to get that nut free from the clutches of the earth. Leroy made it easy to dig in the garden. Surely lettuce and radish seeds are too small for them to consume.



Our winter onions and garlic look quite fine. I just so look forward to things that I can eat in my local area. It satisfies my sense of what is good. Even though I rarely eat meat, I might be persuaded to eat squirrel if that were an acceptable city thing to do.



Paula

No comments: