Monday, April 22, 2019

Not Always Right

Hello,



This morning I got some small rugs in the wash almost as soon as I was out of bed. As soon as they were done they pinned to the clothes line in anticipation of them drying in a timely manner.



About two hours later Leroy commented, “It is getting dark and cloudy. Should we bring in the rugs?”



“No, it was not supposed to rain on the site I looked at.” I replied confidently.



A bit later there was a rumble of thunder in the distance. Again Leroy wondered, “Should I go bring in those rugs.”



Even though the sky was darker, I said with confidence again, “It is not raining yet. When, or if, it starts, we can both run out. It is just three rugs.”



There was a much closer crash of thunder. Leroy said nervously, “I could go out and get those rugs.”



“It still is not raining, we can go when it starts.” I replied.



In about three minutes I heard the first drops fall, got up out of my chair, yelled to Leroy, and ran downstairs to the porch only to find rain pouring down so fiercely that I did not want to go out. I should have listened to Leroy. But when I think I am right.





Paula

No comments: