Sunday, April 21, 2019

Choir Robes

Hello,



On this Easter Sunday, we wore our choir robes. Much of the time we wear them, but today there were special instructions for hanging them after the service. Church renovation will start Monday morning. The choir robe storage space is not a part of the coming activities, however dust knows no bounds. All robes were to be incased in a plastic much like that at a dry cleaner. This seems like it should not be a big deal, but it took some people a bit of fussing around to get the job done. Many of us have that plastic sheath hanging on the hanger under the robe. I got the brilliant idea to pull that plastic up to the top of the hanger while I still wore the robe. Once that was gathered, I took off my robe, hung that robe and pulled the plastic over the entire business. It worked just fine.



Some of the men in the choir complain because they are not used to anything long and swinging around their ankles. When they go up and down stairs they have been known to trip. We women all know to grip a bit of robe in our hand and pull up as we navigate the stairs.



I will say that one of my least favorite activities is going to the bathroom with the robe on. I must gather it up to find the opening to my pants so I can unbutton and unzip preparatory to pulling the pants down. Today seemed it should be a breeze since I was wearing a dress with tights. Getting it all in place was no problem, but replacing things, I managed to get my long dangling dress belt caught in my tights so my dress was dragged almost up to my waist. With some adjustment I managed to get it all back in the proper place before I disrobed.



Paula

No comments: