Friday, April 19, 2019

Grateful

Hello,



I am grateful for a car that drives through or over pot holes with little visible effect on the vehicle. I do try to avoid pot holes or other uneven seams in the road, but it is not always possible. So far the car has not, after five years, developed any noticeable rattles. Such a resilient item! The engineers that created this did a fine job of perfecting and building on inventions ahead of them. There is a bit of dirt on it especially from the last dirty rain. Perhaps in time dirt won’t hang around because of someone’s brilliant idea.



I am grateful that I have not had a flat tire that needed some attention. I remember when I first learned to drive, my mother and I could change a flat like the pros. However, I would have a tough time doing it now. Not sure that I even know where the jack is and how to use it. Back in those days it might have been driving on gravel, farm roads, but flat tires seemed to occur with great regularity.



I am grateful that the car protects me from many types of weather conditions. Temperatures can be regulated for my comfort as well. My hair does not even have to be a mess from the wind coming in. When I was growing up, before the time of air conditioned cars, my family had to take drives with the windows up and swelter in the heat. My mother could not tolerate any wind blowing in her ears. She always wore a scarf when outside, even in the nicest weather. She had had many ear infections which resulted in a lacy ear drum. Even we kids in the back seat could not put a window down more than an inch or so. I am grateful that our tolerance level was quite high. Or perhaps we did not dare complain much.



Paula

No comments: