Friday, April 12, 2019

Windy

Hello,



We have had wind and rain so I know that we are missing much more that others have had to endure. Yesterday when I was starting my drive to work it was just raining a little. As I waited to turn left to the on ramp for the interstate, it started to rain much harder. The black truck ahead of me was just starting to make that left turn when another black truck from across the intersection almost slammed into it. I would guess there was about two feet of clearance once the interloper stopped. The truck in front of me, after some hesitation, proceeded up the ramp. The truck in the intersection sat a moment, but I waved it on. It continued with its left turn. By the time I got up on the interstate it was raining hard enough that I had some trouble seeing the lane markings. I just hoped the person in front of me could tell what the right space to be in was.



Luckily that serious rain did not last very long. It was still raining when I stopped at the library, but it was little enough to easily get in the building.



Today I delivered some of the neighborhood newsletters. Because of the cold wind I only did a small amount of the route. I am hoping that Saturday and Sunday are ok for finishing the job. Leroy will be home so he will probably help. That means we can get it done, however I will not get in as many steps as I like to do. I like taking walks that have a purpose other than for steps. I might have to walk around the block a few times because I only have 7,000 steps so far today.



Paula

No comments: