Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Leaving Town

Hello,



Leroy and I are going to visit Miriam’s family, leaving tonight on a jet plane. When I was growing up I never suspected that such a statement could ever be applied to me. Now I do not even think too much about that mode of travel.



We are flying the cheap way so we only take a personal bag that will fit under the seat. We both have clothes stored at Miriam’s house. Nice she has a large house with extra storage place for our two small boxes of clothes.



Still, it is a struggle getting just the right things in the bag. Hemming, hawing, and mumbling all seem to be part of the process. There was also a certain amount of changing the mind and the pack of this and that. I found I could not take a pair of sandals and a pair of shoes in that small backpack. The sandals stayed in while the shoes are staying home. My clothing matches will be a little farther apart that what I might like even though I do not consider myself on the cusp of all things clothing and style.



Now we are ready and have some time to spare. We certainly do not like being late for anything. And with a few close calls in our repertoire, we get it together earlier rather than later. We are taking the city bus so we will arrive at the airport ahead of time, but we have some reading material and I like to spend a good bit of that time walking so I can get my steps in.



Paula

No comments: