Saturday, May 18, 2019

Rainy

Hello,



Three house plants enjoyed the gentle rain yesterday. I enjoyed it because it washed them a bit. I just realized that I have one more plant to move to the outdoors. It is a sansavieria that I have had since before 1984, possibly 1981 or even earlier. My friend was going to throw it out because the glass bowl in which it resides was jam packed with roots. I thought I would courageously break that bowl and transplant it to a roomier home. I found I could not gather enough courage to break it but have kept it in that bowl for all these years. It frequently blooms when it is out for the summer. They are not spectacular blossoms, but I always find it quite astonishing that it seems to survive and thrive. Perhaps there are some life lessons there if I could just figure them out.



I washed the sheets this morning because it was nice and sunny when we got up. I knew there was rain predicted, but thought it might come later. However, just as I got ready to hang out the first sheet, rain started to come. I consider that a good deal because I did not just get things hung out and then have to dash around getting them off the line before they were soaked. Fore warned is fore armed, right?



Leroy is taking his bike to the shop between rain showers. Once again the sun is shining. He is not riding it, but put it on the bike carrier on the car. He does not truly trust this reprieve from the rain.



Many things around here are so green and pretty. The walnut tree is growing some medium sized leaves and the catalpa tree has not really started to leaf out, but they are the latest trees that I know about in this area.



Paula

No comments: