Monday, May 20, 2019

Tasks Completed, Money Flows

Hello,



Both Leroy and I completed some tasks this morning, most of which involved money or the idea of money. Leroy, after an online chat with our internet provider on Saturday, learned that he must call a customer loyalty line to get a better deal than had been offered. He made the call this morning and saved $20 per monthly bill.



He also made a repair appointment call about the oldest car which has a gas smell about it when the car is off. I have been much more concerned about that than Leroy has, but he has agreed that it should be checked. It will be looked at this week.



I also figured up our expenses for the last two months. I like to do that so I can see where our money has been used. Along with that I put some money in an investment fund. Something I should have done some time ago, but I hate to make those phone calls even though they are quite happy to help me give them my money.



I realized this morning that I do not touch money much these days. Our salaries and social security monies are direct deposited. We have it set up so more and more bills are paid out of the bank account. It almost feels quite mysterious. Certainly it is nothing like my life in the past. We did not keep money under the mattress, but would certainly hand the check over to the bank teller and get some cash to use for many smaller purchases. These days I seldom write a check. Check writing was also a bill paying technique; somehow it felt more like “handling” money than the current system does.



Will cash disappear in time?



Paula

No comments: