Friday, May 24, 2019

Water on, books delivered

Hello,



This morning our water was turned off for some repairs for our downstairs friends. I left a good bit of that time to do some shopping. In preparation to no water,  three plus gallons of water were in containers ready to be used if needed. I managed with just a little of it used so now I am trying to heat it and wash dishes in it because I am not happy to just dump it down the drain. I am newly grateful for the ability to turn on the tap and have clean water come just when I want it. Such luxury!



While shopping this morning I struggled with torrential rain and wind. Mostly I guess I won because I had an umbrella, a rain coat, dry stores to go into, and a dry car except where I had dripped a bit. There was much support in this endeavor. Not so many people had come out so the stores were quietier than usual. Such luxury!



In afternoon I loaded up my backpack with several pounds of books that I hoped to leave in two little free libraries. The weight was enough that I started to get a headache. I am not sure why that happens to me, but it has in the past as well. No long hikes with a lot of weight are in my future. The first library is about a mile from my house. I was so happy to get there and find only three books in it. None of them were children’s books so that was even better since all of mine are. I left a generous amount. Then it was on to the next stop that was about a mile in another direction. That library had a number of books in residence, but with careful placement, I managed to put in all of the rest that I had with me. My walk home felt light and free. What luxury!



Paula

No comments: