Saturday, February 16, 2019

Warmer or Just Attitude?



Hello,



This morning it was 1F degree above zero when I left for church for a women’s breakfast. I bundled up. Before I arrived I was warm. By the time I got there I was sweating lightly. Amazing! The sun was shining and there was no wind. Right away after stepping out, it seemed quite comfortable. My friend wondered if I had walked. I replied, “I did and I am quite warm now.”



They were surprised. Perhaps they even think I am a little odd.



On my trip home I did not put on quite so many warm things, but I was still heated up by the time I arrived at home.



In the afternoon when the temperature was in the 20s F. I could see the remainder of the ice melting a bit. Leroy and I both went out with shovels and choppers. We managed to extract quite a lot of the remainder. We even went down to the corner of our street. Leroy chopped off the barrier to the street that the snow plow had left behind. I spent a little time trying to get up some of the ice down there. For some reason they had not done their usual good job clearing the sidewalk.



We then spent some time working in back of our garage even though it was fairly clear. It is rather fun to get up ice when it yields so easily.



Between walking to church and chopping ice I recorded 11,470 steps. What an accomplishment!



Paula 

No comments: