Sunday, February 10, 2019

Bradway Blooms

Hello,



The pink Thanksgiving cactus has just two good looking blooms left while the white one is growing a bud. If it is the only white flower, will it seem more spectacular?



One violet is done for a time and the second one is still beautiful. The shamrock has a few blossoms that just keep coming.



The most noticeable is the first amaryllis that now has four flowers open on one stalk with one more to open. With all that weight at the top it is remaining upright while leaning against a chair. A new bud stalk on the same bulb is about half grown. The other two bulbs that are going to bloom are much closer to showing what they have for us.



I should not neglect to talk about the beautiful poinsettias. Someday I will get up out of my chair, take some pictures, and share all of this winter color.



Leroy has become quite pleased with all of this beauty. For most of his life he has not really thought about house plants and the joy that they can contribute to the eenvironment. I wonder if I die will he keep them growing.



I just got a note from Fitbit that I have earned the monarch migration badge. That means I have recorded, on their device, 2,500 miles.



Last night Leroy and I rushed to get to a concert at the close college. We often walked in the street because the sidewalks were coated with ice. This morning when we walked basically the same way to get to church, I was grateful that neither of us slipped. In many places the smaller streets had their share of ice.



Paula

No comments: