Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Attitudes

Hello,



People have been complaining for some time about the snow that seems to arrive every other day. Last night at work the talk seemed to lean more in the direction of “where are we going to put this new snow when it comes tonight? The piles are so large that I cannot get more on the top of them.” Some of this was followed by a description of what they have managed to do so far.



We have had 40 to 50 inches of snow this winter. Included were a couple of good melting days that significantly lowered the piles in preparation for the next snow. After the snow last night and this morning the temps have risen so it is melting once again.



The prediction was for the snow to start an hour after I left work; instead it came more than an hour before I was to leave. When my co worker was done with bedtime books, she offered me the chance to leave early. She lives in town so did not have so far to go. I accepted that offer, cleared most of the snow off the car, and got on the road. It was a task to clear the car because the snow was coming quite furiously so I would get one side clean and the other would be covered again. I did the back window then the front and hopped in ignoring any other snow.



At home Leroy helped me clear a path to the garage. He was surprised I was home early as he had not realized it was already snowing. Snow is rather quiet stuff.



My drive home was slow, but not so scary. Or at least I did not slip.



Paula

No comments: